When you buy from Elmet you can rest assured that you are getting the highest quality molybdenum and tungsten components available direct from the manufacturer. All of our products, including fasteners, wire, plate, sheet and rod, are manufactured to the strictest standards at our ISO registered facility in Lewiston, Maine.
Elmet Techologies has been providing its customers with US produced molybdenum and tungsten products since 1929. As an AS9100, ISO9001 and ITAR registered manufacturer, we are continually investing in and expanding our capabilities, portfolio of standard mill products, precision machine components and custom formed products and assemblies.
We take great pride in being the last and only fully integrated US based producer of both molybdenum and tungsten flat and round mill products. We are a committed and leading partner to the defense and aerospace industries and others seeking a world-class refractory metals partner. Both our fabricated and mill products are available in a variety of sizes and form factors, and we have extensive machining capabilities that allow us to meet even the most challenging needs of our customers.
Our Molybdenum and Tungsten based REFRACTORY METALS:
- Potassium doped Molybdenum (Mo-K or Moly HCT) High Creep Resistance
- Molybdenum (Mo) High melting point, hot strength, and creep resistance
- Molybdenum-lanthana alloy (Mo-La) Often used in high heat applications due to its stability and creep resistance at temperatures above 1500ºC
- Molybdenum-tantalum Alloy (Mo-Ta)
- Molybdenum-Tungsten Alloy (Mo-W or MB is an alloyed product of molybdenum and tungsten – available in various compositions)
- TZM Molybdenum Alloy (Titanium Zirconium Molybdenum) – TZM is often leveraged due to its high recrystallization temperature
- Tungsten (W) the highest melting point of all metals, high density, low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Tungsten-lanthana alloy (W-La)
- Potassium doped Tungsten (W-K)
- Tungsten Heavy Alloy (WHA)
Our Powder Metallurgy Process