Elmet produces the following Metals:
- Potassium doped Molybdenum (Mo-K or Moly HCT): High Creep Resistance
- Molybdenum (Mo): High melting point, hot strength, and creep resistance
- Molybdenum-lanthana alloy (Mo-La): Often used in high heat applications due to its stability and creep resistance at temperatures above 1500ºC
- Molybdenum-tantalum Alloy (Mo-Ta)
- Molybdenum-Tungsten Alloy (Mo-W or MB): An alloyed product of molybdenum and tungsten that is available in various compositions
- TZM Molybdenum Alloy (Titanium Zirconium Molybdenum)
- Tungsten (W): the highest melting point of all metals, high density, low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Tungsten-lanthana alloy (W-La)
- Potassium doped Tungsten (W-K)
- Tungsten Heavy Alloy (WHA)
Our Fully Integrated Powder Metallurgy Process
As the only fully integrated US based producer of both Molybdenum and Tungsten flat and round mill products, Elmet is committed to delivering the highest quality refractory metals. Both our fabricated and mill products are available in a variety of sizes and form factors, and we have extensive machining capabilities that allow us to meet even the most challenging needs of our customers. We are committed to meeting our customers’ needs, and our long history in the industry has given us the experience and knowledge to do so successfully.
Elmet’s Molybdenum and Tungsten based raw materials are the foundation of our products. Quality and performance are achieved by starting with the highest quality powders and carefully managing the manufacturing process to ensure the highest quality molybdenum, tungsten ,TZM and MoLa stock products are available to sell or machine into finished components. This results in pure and alloyed refractory metal products that continually deliver performance and quality – day in and day out.
With years of experience designing solutions for the most demanding tungsten and molybdenum applications, our highly qualified team at Elmet Technologies provides you with the knowledge and expertise required for your success. Providing integrated engineering and design solutions associated with molybdenum, tungsten and other refractory metals, we excel by exceeding the needs of our customers. Our engineering, design, and operations teams partner with our customers to develop options and solutions to the most challenging requirements. Customers benefit from gaining direct access to our experts – rather than working through numerous layers – for the invaluable information that will aid in solving their challenge. The accessibility to this expertise is unprecedented in the field and is a key component to Elmet’s proven track record of high customer satisfaction. Elmet can offer improved “total cost of ownership” solutions to our customers by leveraging our metal production expertise, precision machining capabilities and fabrication services in our ISO 9001 and AS9100 factory.
- Material Expertise: providing consultation and design
- Product design consultation
- Manufacturing Expertise: providing consultation and recommendations
- Prototype design and development
- 2D and 3D Engineering drawing production (product drawings, assembly drawings)
- Failure Analysis
Please visit our resources page for more information: Customer Resources