Molybdenum Sheet Products
Elmet is a leading global provider of high quality molybdenum sheet products and the only US owned and operated producer. Elmet offers a wide range of cold rolled sheet product in varying thickness and length and per customer request. As with all of our materials, our sheet begins as metal powder, is pressed into ingots, sintered, and then rolled. The process enables us to tailor the product to meet specific material and performance requirements to ensure optimal performance in your application.
Molybdenum Sheet Surface Condition
Surface can be supplied in a shiny, matte, satin, or as-rolled condition; dependent upon thickness and width parameters.
Molybdenum Sheet Heat Treatment
Molybdenum flat products are rolled and annealed to provide the optimum condition for the desired end use (Furnace, Punch, Deep Draw).
Below is a list of common molybdenum sheet thicknesses. Please call for availability, finish and lengths.
|Material – Pure Molybdenum||Size”||Size MM|
|Note: Other sizes available – call for details|
Molybdenum Sheet Product Details:
- All molybdenum sheet products are made from 99.95% pure molybdenum
- Elmet can provide either stress-relieved or recrystallized product depending on customers’ use and application for material
- Elmet is a fully integrated US producer of pure molybdenum sheet material and products
- Designed to exceed ASTM specifications
- ISO 9001 and AS9100C certified manufacturing process
- Various finishes and sizes available upon special order
- ITAR registered
High purity molybdenum possesses unique properties that are suitable for use in a number of applications and industries. For example, its high melting point, 2620 °C, drives its performance in high temperature environments. Elmet starts with the highest quality Mo powder to ensure our final product always meets our customer’s application needs. In addition, we will modify the manufacturing processes to meet even the most exacting application requirements that our customers have.
- Symbol: Mo
- Category: Transition Metal, Group VI
- Atomic Number: 42
- Density: 10.28 g / cm3
- Discovered: 1778
- High melting temperature, 2620 °C
- Low vapor pressure at high temperature
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE)
- Good thermal and electrical conductivity
- High density
- Good corrosion and creep resistance
- Load bearing capabilities at temperatures up to 2000 °C,
- Excellent thermal and electrical conductivity
- Shielding from high energy particles
Fully Integrated Tungsten and Molybdenum Manufacturing:
When tungsten and molybdenum material characteristics and properties must be critically controlled for superior end product performance, companies rely on Elmet Technologies unmatched expertise in the field of powder metallurgy. Our advanced powder processing produces pure tungsten and molybdenum metal powders as well as specific metal alloys. By selectively influencing aspects of the metallurgical process, we can change characteristics like porosity, strength, and temperature resistance to meet our customers specific needs. At Elmet, our process is fully integrated and starts with the raw material, metal oxide, which is then purified to tungsten and molybdenum metal powder through a chemical reduction process. The powder is formed into semi-finished products through a series of advanced mixing, pressing, deformation and heating technologies. Finished products are then carefully manufactured to customer specifications utilizing our state-of-the-art machining and fabrication techniques. By controlling each step in the production process from metal powder to finished product we ensures that our products consistently deliver the performance and quality required by our customers.