Tungsten Heavy Alloy Hot Rolled Sheet
Tungsten Heavy Alloy (WHA) Hot Rolled Sheet. Elmet has been hot rolling pure tungsten sheet for over 80 years and is the only US owned tungsten producer with hot rolling capabilities. Leveraging our leading pure tungsten metal plate and sheet capabilities, Elmet has recently begun offering a range of tungsten heavy alloy sheet products in varying thickness and length down to .080” thick. As with all of our materials, our WHA plate and sheet begins as metal powder, is pressed into ingots, sintered, and then rolled. The process enables us to tailor the product to meet specific customer material and/or performance requirements to ensure optimal performance in your application.
Hot Rolled ASTM B-777 WHA Plate and Sheet Standard Sizes:
- .080″ Tungsten Heavy Alloy ASTM B-777 Hot Rolled Sheet
- .125″ Tungsten Heavy Alloy ASTM B-777 Hot Rolled Plate
- .250″ Tungsten Heavy Alloy ASTM B-777 Hot Rolled Plate
- .5″ Tungsten Heavy Alloy ASTM B-777 Hot Rolled Plate
- 1″ thick. Tungsten Heavy Alloy ASTM B-777 Hot Rolled Plate
Note: call to discuss widths and lengths available.
Elmet is a 100% US owned, fully integrated, leading producer of high-quality tungsten heavy alloy material and parts. Elmet is ISO, AS9100, and ITAR registered and a qualified supplier to many Tier 1/2 aerospace and defense contractors that leverage our specialty tungsten material as balance weights, flight hardware, and munition subcomponents. Our tungsten heavy alloy meets all ASTM B-777 and MIL-T-21014D requirements.
Elmet also precision machines WHA parts for use as ballast weights, radiation shields, boring bars, ordnance components, and other components that require high density and good ductility.
Elmet produces its own pure tungsten powder at its facility in Lewiston, Maine and has a large blending and alloying capability.
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND AS-SINTERED MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
|ASTM B-777||Class 1||Class 1||Class 2||Class 2||–||Class 3||Class 3|
|MIL-T-21014D||Class 1||Class 1||Class 2||Class 2||–||Class 3||Class 3|
W content, wt.%
|Ni content, wt.%||7.0||8.9||5.3||6.7||5.6||3.5||4.4|
Fe content, wt.%
|≥ 110||≥ 110||≥ 110||≥ 110||≥ 110||≥ 105||≥ 105||≥ 100|
|UTS, MPa||≥ 758||≥ 758||≥ 758||≥ 758||≥ 758||≥ 724||≥ 724|
|≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75|
|YS, MPa||≥ 648||≥ 648||≥ 648||≥ 648||≥ 648||≥ 648||≥ 648|
|≥ 5||≥ 5||≥ 5||≥ 5||≥ 5||≥ 3||≥ 3||≥ 2|
|Hardness, HRC||≤ 32||≤ 32||≤ 33||≤ 33||≤ 33||≤ 34||≤ 34|
|> 1.05||≤ 1.05||> 1.05||≤ 1.05||> 1.05||> 1.05||≤ 1.05|
- Other alloy compositions and properties may be available as a special order
- All WHA products are compliant with EU RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC, 2011/65/EU and with REACH Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006
- All WHA defense products are compliant with section 871 of the FY2019 National Defense Authorization Act, codified at 10 U.S.C. 2533c, and the January 28, 2019 acquisition directive from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense. Click here for a link to the NDAA guidance.
- All raw materials for Elmet’s WHA rod products are obtained from certified conflict-free sources
Other WHA alloy compositions, properties, and plate rolling sizes may be available as a special order
For more information or to discuss your application please contact Elmet.