Semiconductor Tooling Components
Elmet Technologies provides high quality, precision machined molybdenum and tungsten components for front-end processing equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductors, including Ion Implantation, MOCVD, CVD, PVD, and MBE tools. Elmet’s manufacturing experience, expertise, and knowledge of the molybdenum and tungsten materials enable us to provide precision machined components and assemblies that meet your exacting specifications. Supporting an industry reliant upon high purity molybdenum and tungsten materials, high service levels, and global needs, Elmet’s strength in innovation allows its customers to remain competitive in the global marketplace. Adding to the specific needs of the Process Tooling Industry, Elmet provides molybdenum and tungsten products to the broader semiconductor and electronics market. Elmet’s product solutions support power semiconductors, crystal growth, and thermal management technologies.
- Process Tooling
- Providing molybdenum and tungsten precision machined components for OEMs and the aftermarket for tooling including ion implantation, MOCVD, PVD, and MBE
- Process Materials
- Molybdenum and tungsten planar and rotary sputtering materials and targets
- Power Semiconductors
- Molybdenum components for high power diodes and thyristors
- Thermal Management
- Providing tungsten and molybdenum heat sinks and heat spreaders for high power applications
- Crystal Growth
- Molybdenum and tungsten furnace components including hot zones, crucibles, and other components used in single crystal growth furnaces
- Products used throughout the fabrication process from sapphire growth, thin film deposition, to thermal management
Elmet precision machines and forms components, filaments and assemblies from tungsten, molybdenum, TZM, tantalum and other metals used in Ion Implant equipment. Engineered molybdenum and tungsten components for global semiconductor process tool OEM’s. Hundreds of processing steps are required in the manufacture of semiconductors; many of which occur within reactors that are exposed to harsh thermal and chemical conditions. The performance characteristics of equipment components are critical. The high melting point and superior corrosion resistance of molybdenum and tungsten enable these materials to withstand extreme tool environments. For over 20 years, Elmet has supplied high-quality components for a variety of semiconductor tools.
Examples of Tooling Supported:
- Ion Implant
- Evaporative Deposition
Precision Machined Molybdenum and Tungsten Components:
- Grids, Domed Grids
- Ion / e-beam Chamber Components
- Exhaust Components
- Beam Line Components
- Evaporating Coils and Boats
Elmet supplies components to OEMs and tool users across the globe. We have developed strategic supply chain agreements to ensure the supply of critical components to increase uptime and reduce PM time. Please contact us to discuss your needs.