ABOUT ELMET TECHNOLOGIES
Elmet Technologies is a global leader in high-performance tungsten and molybdenum refractory metal product manufacturing and machining services. Our world-class manufacturing facilities fabricate to our global customer’s most exacting specifications.
Elmet is a US owned and operated fully integrated company founded in 1929. Our history includes over 70 years as part of Royal Philips and Philips Lighting. Now US-owned and operated, our corporate headquarters and primary manufacturing site is in Lewiston, Maine. We serve customers globally via our sales and services offices in Europe, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Our refractory metals expertise covers a wide array of pure metals (W and Mo) and alloys (TZM, MoLa, MoTa, WHA, WK, HCT) and serves a wide range of industries. The defense, lighting, electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, automotive, aircraft, and medical industries all use refractory metal products from Elmet Technologies.
Elmet brings innovation, engineering, technical support, logistics, and production resources to our customers. We are committed to meeting our customer’s needs, and because of our long history in the industry, we have the knowledge and experience to do so.
Registrations and Quality Systems
Elmet Technologies LLC is ITAR registered and has production management systems certified to AS9100 and ISO9001. Copies of these certifications can be found on the resources page.
- Founded in 1929
- Headquarters in Lewiston, Maine, USA
- Certified to ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Fully integrated tungsten and molybdenum product manufacturer
- Precision machining and assembly services are available
- Manufacturing in Lewiston, ME USA
- Sales representatives in the US, Asia, and Europe
WE PRODUCE THE FOLLOWING METALS:
- Potassium doped Molybdenum (Mo-K or Moly HCT) High Creep Resistance
- Molybdenum (Mo) High melting point, hot strength, and creep resistance
- Molybdenum-lanthana alloy (Mo-La) Often used in high heat applications due to its stability and creep resistance at temperatures above 1500ºC
- Molybdenum-tantalum Alloy (Mo-Ta)
- Molybdenum-Tungsten Alloy (Mo-W or MB is an alloyed product of molybdenum and tungsten – available in various compositions)
- TZM Molybdenum Alloy (Titanium Zirconium Molybdenum) – TZM is often leveraged due to its high recrystallization temperature
- Tungsten (W) the highest melting point of all metals, high density, low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Tungsten-lanthana alloy (W-La)
- Potassium doped Tungsten (W-K)
- Tungsten Heavy Alloy (WHA)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
- Maine International Trade Center (MITC)
- Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)
- National Armaments Consortium (NAC)