Molybdenum Rod (Ground) – .625″ X 48″
Molybdenum Rod (Ground). Elmet’s 99.95% pure molybdenum rod material is made in the U.S.A. at our fully integrated Lewiston, Maine production facility, where Elmet has operated for over 90 years. Elmet is the sole U.S. owned and operated, fully integrated producer of pure molybdenum material and products. Our molybdenum rods come in a variety of dimensions. Elmet is ISO 9001, AS9100 and ITAR compliant.
- 99.95% pure molybdenum pressed, sintered and swaged material
- Made in the USA – Elmet is the only fully integrated US source of pure molybdenum rod material and products
- Proud to be manufacturing refractory metals in Lewiston, Maine since 1937
- Designed to exceed ASTM B387 specifications
- ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified manufacturing process
High purity molybdenum possess unique properties that are suitable for use in a number of applications and industries. It may be most well known for its high melting point, 2620 °C, however its usefulness is driven by its performance in high temperature and corrosive environments:
- Load bearing capabilities at temperatures up to 2000 °C,
- Excellent thermal and electrical conductivity
- Low vapor pressure at high temperature
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Resistance to corrosion
- Shielding from high energy particles
Elmet starts with the highest quality Mo powder and follows ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified manufacturing process to ensure our final product always meets our customer’s application needs.